Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update on me

Many exciting things have happened for me this year. Originally I started this blog to document my rise as a mountain bike racer. It appears that life has woven me an interesting detour, and I will be documenting my rise as an up and coming photographer.

I have been given the opportunity to be the official photographer of the mountain bike series that I raced in last year. I suppose I could be official, the last photographer, that was part of his deal, he wanted to be named the official. I however am okay with just being another person out on the trails doing photos. I am not sure if I will charge for my photos this season or not, I am looking at something small, not to earn a profit but to cover some of my expenses, maybe $3-$5 for an electronic copy of a photo. Things just get so complicated when you start adding money.

Along with my photography responsibilities, I have been asked to write some articles or bring interesting tidbits to the MNSCS site, I was very nervous about this task at first but I am just trying to have fun with it. you can see my first two articles here and here.

I have not been biking as much as last year, but my race distances have increased, not a very good combo but I think it will level out in the next few weeks now that the snow is finally around the bend. I will not be participating in the MNSCS races due to taking on the photography so my tentative race portfolio for the year will be as follows:



Sunday April 27th - MN Ironman Bikeride

Sunday May 11th - Photos @ Eriks Spring Cup (Salem Hills, InverGrove Heights)

Sunday June 8th - Photos @ Afton Avalanche (Afton)

Sunday June 22nd - Photos @ Dirt Spanker Classic (Mt. Du Lac, Fon du lac)

Sunday June 29th - Photos @ Bluff Riders Charge (Mt. Kato, Mankato)

Saturday July 12th - Fallen Oak Off-Road Duathalon (Hillside, Elk River)

Sunday July 20th - Photos @ Memorial Classic (Memorial Trail, Red Wing)

Sunday July 27th - Photos @ Powder Monkey (Spirit Mountain, Duluth)

Frid & Sat August 2nd-3rd - 12hrs of Nine Mile (????????????)

Sunday August 10th - Photos @ Metric MTB Jam (Welch, MN)

Frid & Sat August 16th - 24hrs of Salsa Cycles

Sunday August 24th - Photos @ White Tail Ridge (River Falls, WI)

Fri-Sun August 29-31 - Photos @ Laddies Loppet (Callaway, MN Maplelag Resort)

Saturday September 13th - Chequamegon

Saturday September 20th - Photos @ Single Track Escape (St. Cloud, MN)

Sunday September 21st - Bloomington Iron Girl - (???????????)

Sunday September 28th - Osceola Duathlon


I may add more as they come up, it would be nice to take part in the dual and evening mtb races at Murphy Hanrehan, Buck Hill and Elk River but with my class schedule up in the air they will happen as I am able.

I have had a bit of a break in my classes but not for long, I will be in Psychology, American Lit, and Studio lighting over the summer then the tough classes start in the fall. I am hoping to set up a trainer with some sort of table attached so I can spin and study.

2 comments:

Chris Van Ert said...

I don't think it matters whether or not you're the "official" photographer of the MNSCS. Just keep taking kick-ass photos.

Janet said...

Please try not to take pics of me and my pain face. :-)

I'm excited for you about the photo op. Have fun with it!