Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dont forget the nutrition

Janet and I had a great 3 hour ride last night. It was quite dark on the tail end, definately need to get me a set of lights. We got to see the Donkey. I had intended on posting some images of my friendly Donkey from Montana but I cant remember my web page address. I guess I will put them up at a later date.

We detoured abit and ended up riding through the sweetest Trailer park around. We felt right at home ; ). All I can say is, We found the secret weapon of Queen Anns Court! YEAH BABY!!!!!

I had a Probar (The best damn biking nutrition out there and it tastes great) with me and started to get hungary about 3 miles from home, I thought I could just wait until I get home and get some food in me. I forgot that Andy and I desperately need a shopping trip. I drank some water, ate some ritz crackers with peanut butter and jelly, then sat down to place my online order at Byerlys. I started to get a slight stomach ache and thought to myself. I better get some protein in me. Andy suggested Oatmeal, so I got that started and made myself a Whey Shake. I slammed the shake and went back to my ordering.

Within a minute I was in the bathroom with my Whey Shake coming back out. It does not taste as good coming up as it does going down. Good thing is it calmed my stomach enough for me to choke down 2 servings of oatmeal.

I had that, 'if I move I will get sick feeling' all night long, it made for an unrestful nights sleep. (Sorry Andy). And now today I feel like my body spent all night eating its self. I feel exhausted, my stomach is still questionable as to its status, water doesnt even taste good.

My night was an unpleasant reminder of the importance of Nutrition and Timing when it comes to endurance training. Its soooo important to get your calories during and right after your workout! Crossing that point of no return can happen so fast and it makes for a miserable time, I will definately be on track once again with my nutrition.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Dana wrote:

"thought to myself. I better get some protein in me."

"It does not taste as good coming up as it does going down."

That's what she said.

And, that's what she said.

Seriously - sorry to hear about the bonk. That's terrible. Next time I will force Gu on you an hour into the ride! Shoulda had some of my banana. They do wonderful things for the body, you know.

OH yeah, I almost forgot.....FIRST!

Dana said...

I had Gu in my Pocket as well as a Bar, I was just stupid. Thanks Though. I should start calling you the ENFORCER....with a banana. Did you see those Banana Bunkers on MORC

www.bananabunker.com