Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Springs finally here

Great news, the local trails are finally beginning to open up! Lebanon Hills will be rideable after 6 pm this evening, Salem Hills is open, Battle Creek and Theo are both rideable. This may only be for the day as rain is on the radar for the next 3 days, but its a promising sign.

Friday I will be at Harmon Park helping with the trail work, Erik's Spring cup is only 11 days away and there is alot of work to be done. If anybody has some freetime please join us at the trail head @ 5:30. I hope the trail is rideable I would love to bring along my camera and get some shots of preriders, hone in my lo-cals for the first set of photos of the season.

Saturday I will be meeting some fellow photographers for a flash session. We will teach and learn from each other, the tricks of the trade when it comes to flash. I am pretty excited about this, one of my new purchases this season was a new flash the SB-800. My flash from last season can now be a slave to my primary flash. This opens up a whole new chapter in my book of photography.

I have also been practicing the Bokeh affect and playing with metering abit more. My new camera has a ton of new features, I am trying to take them in one by one. Its definately going to be an intersting year.

My next purchase is going to be a faster lens. I need to review my photos from last year and find out the most commonly used focal length, I will use that data to determine my first lens purchase. A fast lens only comes in short spans 24-78, 17-55, 85-135, 55-200. I have a 18-55 and a 55-200 lens currently but they are slow lenses, ideally I would like to find a 18-135 lens but Nikkor does not make one, I want the best so I wont consider buying a Tamron or sigma. Hey, those that buy the best only cry once

No comments: