Friday, April 4, 2008

Good wine = Longer Life



I have been meaning to blog about this for a few days now, this week has turned out to be a crazy one. My boss has been soaking in the rays, needless to say, the overflow has been quite eventful. toss in a computer crash and you start to get an idea of my week.

Thanks Trek & Penn for another great ladies night!!! A little too much wine left me with a bit of a headache the following day but I had some sweet new skills and a few new numbers for some new riding buddies.

I heard a report on a new book "The Bluezone" Oh wait, that is the guy who writes with James Patterson. I heart James Patterson.

Here is the correct link The Blue Zone

I have always been fascinated and freaked out with the cycle of life and death, okay more about death and what happens to us at this point in our lives. I am interested in mediums, haunted places, spirituality, out of body experiences, anything thats "Para" normal.

The Blue Zone isnt so much about para normal as it is about things we can do to increase our life expectancy. As much as I like the supernatural, I dont want to become a part of it anytime soon. I work out quite frequently, surround myself with great people with similar lifestyles and goals, try to eat healthy for the most part, and I am always looking for ways to improve my lifestyle.

The blue zone is a group of "life style choices" made by people in villages with the largest percentages of centurions (people over 100). These centurions not only live a long life but have a youthful, active life. I dont know about you, But I am one who hopes to live a long & healthy life, if you are with me on this check out the link.

One of the "life style choices" is to have a drink (1-2) each day depending on your weight. It helps by reducing ones stress, therefore lowering the number of freeradicals floating around ones body trying to do harm. There is a great wine with triple the antioxidants of traditional wine. TOAST! Look for wines with the Cannonau Grape. The grape is grown high in the mountains with much sunlight, the more sunlight the more antioxidants. Good news for fellow wine drinkers, check it out next time your at the liquor store.



No comments: