Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Takin Some Shots

Yesterday was a gorgeous 65 degrees, very windy but very nice. Mic and I went down to the Black Dawg Nature Reserve to get some shots.

It takes awhile to become aquainted with the use of a tripod, and the new camera has many adjustments I am not familiar with. I have been surprised at how intuitive the camera is, the only problem I am having is I am so used to my old camera I keep hitting the wrong buttons. I make more initial adjustments with the D300, and if a shot isnt working right I have more of the adjustments at my fingertips rather then having to search a menu.

This camera is turning out to be worth every penny of my investment. I am only about a quarter of the way through the manual and There are still a few buttons that I have no clue what they are used for. Hopefully there will be some additional nice days for capturing some sweet shots.

Tamis Wedding is this Friday, I have Thursday and Friday off work for the event. I plan on bringing my camera along on Thursday evening to get some shots of us gals getting our manis and pedis. Then we have the rehearsal and Grooms Dinner. My friend Tony Scudeiro, (his link is off to the left of the page under "photos") Will be doing the wedding photography for Tami. He is so talented, I cant wait to see his finals. Thanks again Tony!!


Also, I havent gotten everything together yet, but I will be selling my old camera gear.
I purchased the camera in June 2006, it is the Nikon D50. I used the camera for two summers photographing mountain bike racing. The link to the left "my mtb race photos" have all been taken with this camera. The items for sale include:

Nikon D50 Camera body with all original items (Nikon Picture Program, Charger, Battery, Connector Cables x 3, manual)

SD Memory Cards - ADD SIZES

Additional Battery - EN-EL3

Ligthhouse guide of Nikon D50

CD for basic use of the Nikon D50

I will clean up this list and put some prices in, if you are interested please email me or comment and I will get back with you.

1 comment:

goin-crazy said...

Hey...it is your sis. I may be interested in buying it. Let me know what you are going to sell it for...