Monday, May 19, 2008

Memorial Trail


This weekend was a very busy one. I have a cousin getting married next week, lots of graduations this year and birthdays too! Seems like more then usual. One good thing from all the craziness is that I ended up in Redwing on Saturday, I brought my bike along for the off chance I might have time to hit up Memorial Trail in RedWing.


The 12 Hours of Sexy Night was Friday Night/Saturday Morning. My aunt let me use her guest room so I could head out to RedWing late Friday to get some shots of the night race.


I ended up not making it. My Sisters Graduation the night before went until 11 pm, I was exhausted from the Thursday with the MORCers the night before So I stayed home and got some good rest, then headed to the bridal shower. It ended nice and early, perfect!


The trail was surprisingly tacky with a 12 hr race being held there the night before. Some dusty corners, but very few. I rode like a sissy!!! Walked my bike part of the way, then withdrew in shame after one lap. Guess I will try again next time. It was just one of those days were everything was shaky, I was questioning my every move & Every pedal stroke hurt. I kept telling myself. "come on, you raced here last year, pick up the pace! Have a good time with it! ohwell The one positive from the ride, climbing the hills felt great!! (only made it half way up the stairway though)

No comments: