Thursday, May 15, 2008

BOO!



Haha! Scared ya!


The site I need is down right now, so why find some other work to do when I can blog? I dont know either, thats why Im blogging.
I want to thank everyone who uses my photos on their blogs. I love reading about everyones unique experiences/views and seeing how they intertwine. For me being a photographer, its also cool to see which photos you choose to use.
I am thoroughly addicted to this blogging world we live in. Who am I kidding, its also nice to have the recognition as well, so Again, THANK YOU!. I am so glad that I can be apart of the series. Its such a great thing!

It looks like the indexing option I had hoped to bring to my smugmug page is out. It would on average cost me $150-$250/month to do so, as well as some hefty legal fees upfront. Sorry folks, you will just have to continue searching via those fancy spandex kits we wear.

On a serious note, If any readers of my blog have an idea as to a better way for me to sort the photos for you, by all means let me hear it. Whatever I can do (that doesnt cost me a ton of $) to make it easier for you I am willing to try. It can not involve the Bib #, time the photo was taken, persons name, or any relation to the timing devices used at the race.

I got accepted as a photographer for the Stock Photo site PhotoShelter, thats pretty exciting for me. I can now sell my stock photos. All the photos have to go through a pre approval process, then once excepted they need to be keycoded and catagorized. I will be working on this over the next few days. Woohoo! You cant find me on the site yet, but one should be able to by next week.

Tonight I am hitting up Leb for Jodi's Graduation celebration. I am excited to ride Leb, I havent rode their since early fall. I am alittle nervous about it though, I am trying to think positive thoughts. Leb usually gets me over my bars once or twice in the beginning of the season. My ride at Salem last week reminded me that the lack of working out (since December, Boo!) is taking its toll. Its quite irritating, end of season last year, four nice paced laps at Salem was cake, last week I barely made it around once.

Last year, end of season at leb, I was hitting all obstacles, clearing all/most during my rides, hitting the trail at a nice pace for me. Positive thoughts : ) Its going to be a great time. I haven't rode with the MORC crew in what feels like forever.

Jodi, way to go!!! She now has her BSN and a great new job, plenty to celebrate about! OC here we come!!

4 comments:

Chris Van Ert said...

Can't you just enter bib numbers as keywords/tags? It would be a lot of extra work, but shouldn't that do the trick?

Dana said...

unfortunately, if I set my site up to allow people to search for a photo via their bib number, i am then infringing on a patent. There are some people disputing the validity of said patent but it does not go to trial until October of 2009. In order for me to get a license through the company i would have to pay for each photo uploaded regardless of whether it sold or not. Sorry, but i dont have that kind of cash and the return isn't there either

scott said...

Have you ever thought about hosting your own photos and handling your own fulfillment? I don't know do a lot of it so the setup I use it pretty low end but it is from a company called EZphotosales. Another company is Photocart. The grandaddy of them all is PickPic but it ain't cheap!

Dana said...

Scott-

Its my understanding That this set up would still infringe on the patent, do you know otherwise? Its any act of uploading photos from an event, allowing people to search for themselves, then the act of having them available for viewing or sale. I would like to talk to you about this more, I will email you.