Friday, May 23, 2008

Buck Hill # 3


Last night was the 3rd Buck Hill event. I brought my camera out to practice some angle shots. Shot 1: not so good, Shot 2: Better, Shot 3: The best. I showed up late and miscalculated how many laps had already been ridden, so I didnt catch many riders during my last series of shots.


Next Weeks race I think I will start out at the log pile where I missed alot of opportunities last evening, then explore the trail north of that section. I have never ridden the buck course and didnt know there were actual obstacles.


Brendan Moore AKA Crazy Calves AKA the Faster Moore Brother AKA Lochness as I like to call him (because he alludes my shots all the time) Took first place last evening. Congratulations Brendan!!


There are these certain racers, I check a shot for lighting or angle, it takes a split second, and sure enough here comes one of 2-3 guys, my goal every race is just to get a good shot of them.


Like the Loch Ness, they show up when the camera is down, then they are off so fast I find myself wondering if I actually did see them blow by me. I pick up the camera and begin shooting again, only in post production do I catch a glimpse of the notorious Loch Ness, generally blurry and hard to recognize. But Atleast I know it exists and it gives me a carrot for the next event.


You can check out my Buck Hill Photos HERE

1 comment:

Chris Van Ert said...

Nice photos.
What's with the billboard sized number plates? Those things are huge. At least they'll know who's who.