Friday, May 16, 2008

For the Love of Singletrack

Lebanon Hills is in amazing shape right now. Its so fast and fun, nice traction. Hitting the singletrack was what i needed. I had an amazing adrenaline rush after the ride, I couldnt stop smiling. oh how I love singletrack. It just makes me sooo happy! I missed the start of the group ride so I went out alone. I rode the beginning cautiously, and slowly built up my speed as my body warmed up. The flow of the singletrack all came back to me, by the time I hit the x loop I was feeling great and rolling along at a nice pace.


There were some Peace Coffee teammates riding, we stopped to talk for awhile then everyone took off. One of the women had a nice pace going (faster then I had been going) I played a game of cat and mouse with her, I dont think she realized we were playing ; ) I was in front so I hit it at her pace and tried to keep a big gap on her. It worked and it was what I need to get my speed up for the ride. I think she had been trying to catch me, so by the end of the lap we were both working quite hard. I started cooling down and she caught up. We chatted for awhile and rolled into the parking lot.


It was the perfect night for a ride, I only wish I had lights so I could have gone back out for another lap.

We had a huge MORC turnout for the first Thursday ride of the season. We headed over to the OC for some food and beverages. I think there were 16 or so of us. Most of us hadnt rode or seen each other since fall, and there were a few new faces (atleast for me). Lots of stuff to catch up on and good times to share. Thanks everyone for such a great night, and nice to meet Ken, Pete, Isaac & Travis. We met Travis in the parking lot (photo above) cool dude! Thanks for joining us at the OC!!


I only wish I would have gone home a little earlier because 6:30 came pretty fast this morning. Jodi, Kt, April I love you gals!! Where ordering the jerseys today, Woot!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic! Love you too Red. You always inspire me!