Monday, May 12, 2008

A Day at an Event


MNSCS #1 yesterday at Salem Hills in InverGrove Heights. The day started out damp and cold but manifested into the perfect day. My photos mimicked the day by starting out dark and uncooperative but got better as the day progressed. I have been spending lots of time with different photographers, getting a feel for their ways of doing things. I tried some other techniques early in the morning only to learn that:

1. Dont do new things on race day! I already knew that, but yet I didnt listen and failed miserably. I hate when I know better.

Anywho about mid way through the citizen class I scraped the new techniques and went back to shooting Manual mood, which is what I know best. My photos started looking better, I ran around to a few different locals on the trail, picking my locations by the best lighting.

I have yet to go through them, I spent last night studying for my algebra final which was today. I think the final went well. Tonights fun is checking out my photos and posting for all to see. I wont be indexing at this time until I can figure out the patent thing. I have the licensing agreement and I am awaiting a response from a patent attorney. Hopefully that will get wrapped up soon. Until then I will have the photos split up by catagory, then I will try to group all photos of one racer together. It really depends on how much time it will take. The only problem is people know where they were in the lineup which makes it easy to find themselves that way, I dont want to screw it up. I dont know, I will figure out what works.

I am spent today, running around for 8 hrs in the sun getting shots is definately alot of work. It feels great to be back at it though!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Dana--I thought that was you out there--I met you at qbp a the women's skills session in March. Thanks for all the great shots! I'm going to pick a couple of my faves for purchase this weekend, to prove that I actually got out to race :) Good luck with your photo biz! p.s. My race report is on my blog-hope you can check it out.