Monday, March 31, 2008

1 half century complete

Janet and I swaped out our route for one we knew had wide shoulders and few hills for our first attempt at a half centry. We rode our mountain bikes with slicks. The first 26 miles were okay but tough for me. We had a head/side wind the whole time. We averaged 10 mph against the wind. I did not eat enough before the ride and it was hurting me. Janet kept asking if I was alright, she was kicking my butt on the hills, and everwhere else for that matter. We made it to Hastings just in time, I was feeling like i wanted to give up. TAXI.... TAXI..... We stopped at Emilys Bakery for a good bite to eat. We took an hour to eat and recoupe then we hit the road for our trek back.

The day had warmed some and the food provided me with a needed boost. We hit the road feeling ready for the next 26 miles. We had some popo admirers, we thought for sure they were going to give us some shit, but instead they just kept turning around to drive by and check us out again. Janet took care of that issue by giving the 50 a nice wave and thumbs up.

We made the whole 54 miles with only one incident. A Women was in the turn lane, we got the signal to cross the road and she pulls out infront of us to turn. She is on the phone and still doesnt see us. Something stops her, she looks at us in the turning lane, smiles, then bolts. What the #%&$. Comeon Lady pay ATTENTION!!

We celebrated our 50th mile with a High Five then went out seperate ways feeling great pride in our accomplishment. I thought I would be sore jumping from average 23 mile rides to the 50 but I felt great. The evening of I was quite tired, Sunday I was alittle achey in the hip flexors, my knees and my rear. But today I am feeling great. I am thinking Sunday may become my endurance day.

1 comment:

Janet said...

"Janet kept asking if I was alright, she was kicking my butt on the hills, and everwhere else for that matter."

No way. I was merly trying to KEEP UP with you!