Monday, March 17, 2008

Update from a Slacker

Andy and I went out for a ride Friday night. I was hurting, Its been awhile since I put some mileage behind me. We rode from our house parellel to 35 W, then down blackdawg road to Eagan, then followed the route in reverse back home. I think I was having an off day or it was trying to keep up with Andy that wore me out, Not exactly sure but I was beat. I think we put in approx 14 miles. I rode slow and steady, my feet were cold pretty much the whole time. This spring weather is tricky to dress for. If the sun is out i'm hot, if the sun goes behind a cloud, then I am cold. I cant wait until the average wheather temp is in the 70's. I was worried I lost all the ground I gained last year while biking.

Yesterday Janet and I put in a 3 hour/ approx 23 mile ride ride. We started off at Andy and I's place. Followed Cliff to Pilot Knob, took Pilot knob to the Eagan bike trail, followed the trail parallel to 494 into bloomington, then followed the route in reverse back home.

Its a nice route with all the rivers and actual bike route to follow, I tend to avoid riding on the road whenever possible. We trolluped through some snow, practiced bunny hoping and curb jumping, did some sprints over the bridges, and spent alot of time catching up. Janet is overcoming her car vs bike accident from this fall and we havent been riding much. It was very nice to ride with her again.

We had planned a dinner at Axels but Janet and Justin had to cancel so Andy and I went to Doolittles and filled up on some carbs. I was spent for the rest of the evening. Went to bed around 9 and I am feeling good today. Thats a good sign, Maybe I didnt lose all my progress from last year. I think I will rest today, then put in some time on the trainer at the gym tommorrow along with some weight lifting. I have 10 lbs to shed from this winter. Man was I a slacker!!!

No comments: