Friday, March 21, 2008

A little of this and A little of that

The more ground I gain in biking, the more time I spend on the road, and the more I become aware of the absolute invisibility of bikers on the road. There is a great commercial everyone should check out. It brings a great sense of awareness to the issue!

On Janet and I's ride on Sunday, we had 2-3 seperate incidents.

1) Some dude was too busy checking out the beer specials at a bar then to pay attention while pulling into a turn lane. He didnt even notice us on our bikes crossing. And Yes we had the little white blinky guy telling us it was okay to cross. Then when we said something, he just nodded at us and smirked like we were hitting on him or something. I tell ya, Ignorance MUST be Bliss.

2.) We again had the right away, were crossing the road on the cross walk, we were in front of a stopped vehicle in the first lane, a 2nd vehicle came flying up the exit way faster then the speed limit and we had to wait for them. Had we been in the next lane Janet and I would have been creamed.

3.) I don't remember, maybe there wasnt a third that we noticed but I am sure there was one.


Please people, when driving get out of your head and pay attention to whats going on on the road!! There was an awful incident in CA this last week. 2 people where killed when a police cruiser swerved over the double line and hit 3 bikers head on.



And to the bikers: Remember that only you and truly you can look out for yourself, so proceed with caution. Your not a dummy, you know people in their cars are prone to not see you. Dont dart in and out of traffic and give the blind drivers something to hit, and dont give the rest of the bikers sharing the road a bad name. We need to follow the rules just as much as the motored vehicles on the road.


Okay now, give me a Hallelujah!!



Next Topic: Last night Andy bought me a new book. Its called "The Scalpel and the Soul" . I am so stoked to curl up and read a good book. Its been such a long time since I have had the time or desire to curl up and read. I stayed up until 11 last night to get in a few pages but in the end my old body up and fell asleep on me. I was sooo looking forward to going home and continuing my book, But now my conundrum, being that we are surrounded with a winter wonderland for what may be the last one of the season i am torn. Should I break out my snow shoes for one last jaunt. It is quite lovely outside and I bet the photos I could take would be ama zingzingzing, Or do I hit the gym for a quick run and go home and curl up with the awesome book that I have been looking forward too!

Oh life is filled with such hard decisions.

And another totally random subject: Isnt this the cutest thing you have ever seen?














2 comments:

Janet said...

3. It was the monkey riding a unicycle. Wasn't he text messaging while trying to throw his poo and making a peanut butter sandwich?

Janet said...

Oh yeah. That guy in incident no. 1. With the #3 sticker on his car. (or was it #8? Maybe it was #69? I can't remember). He was kinda hot when he smiled at us with his one toofises.