Monday, September 8, 2008

Jolly Rogers Conclusion

Erica and I finally got a chance to shoot together over this weekend. She got a good taste of whats its like being a sports photographer. Not quite what I had in mind for our first photo shoot together but she seemed to be having a good time and the shots I saw of hers were phenomenal! Shes really got a great eye! We had a great time catching up and I realized how much I miss her! Erica is one of my sisters best friends so we hung out some but not a ton, we worked together and lived near each other growing up. We never spent a ton of time together so i was a bit surprised to miss her, I think part of it is that whole time in my life. The day left me longing for a simpler time, but Erica and I both agreed we wouldn't want to be 18 again! She's one of those people who has a contagious smile. It lights up the room and shes not afraid to use it. Its amazing how many people forget to smile and enjoy the simple things in life. Its so refreshing to be around someone who has a great sense of humor and finds joy all around her! Not to mention holds her own when surrounded by 50 guys shes never met before. Thanks Erica! I cant wait to see your shots and schedule another outing. Next time you will have to pick the content.

So now that I got all sappy on you, here are some highlights from the final Jolly Rogers Downhill event:




































2 comments:

goin-crazy said...

Stop stealing my friends. Ha Ha. Just kidding. Love the shots. We will have to figure out a different day to get together with the kiddos...preferably when I don't look like death warmed over!

justme said...

Awwww, Red, thanks for the sappy shout out :0) I had a great time as well, and I am so glad that you contacted me! Like we said; being around someone whom you have known forever and who knows where you come from is just easy. Being in the woods amongst nature all day was great for grounding my energy a bit, and is something I don't get enough of these days.

Trying on action photography was fun, and I did get some really decent shots (I finally got some uploaded for you to look at and plan to upload the rest tonite, so you should be able to open the gallery to the public soon!), but I think my true passion lies in other arenas :0 I couldn't help but include some of my flora and fauna shots in the upload, LOL) But I am DEFNITELY up for shooting more mountain biking with you next summer if you will have me!

I do want to get back down there and get some shots when the colors turn this fall...