Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brrrr

Wow, Where did the time go. Its now September and under 70 outside. Yowza!! I started school again yesterday evening. Finally made it to St. Kates and spent over $400 on books. I am hoping to get into a creative photography class to learn some new techniques and get my art credit at the same time. That would be sweet. Probably a J Term goal.



This last weekend was my last hurrah for awhile. Andy and I went up to Maplelag for a long race weekend. We basically took a vacation with 150 of our close friends and acquaintances. Good Times had by all. I got to spend a few hours each day with my old friend Cannondale on some amazing tight singletrack.

I have my first engagement shoot coming up, as well as some senior pictures. Its going to be a great experience shooting something other then mountain bike racing. It makes me a little nervous though. I guess the first time is always a little scary though, isn't it? My weddings to date have turned out great so I think It will be an amazing experience and its with a great couple.

Since my last post there has been two MNSCS races:

The White Tail Ridge Border Battle between Wisconsin and MN. The Cheeseheads took the overall win but I think that's only because allot of the MN riders suffered mechanical. Heres the sweet trophy won by the winning state.

And, Maplelags Laddies Loppet, Here are some highlights from the weekend:

Here is the main lodge at Maplelag. Its a great place to hang out and play games, catch up with friends, and invade the bottomless cookie jars.

Stained Glass Window in Main Lodge

See..... No Bottom

The Lunch Box Collection.. Bring one up for Jim if you can

Lots of hours and good times spent in the dining room of Maplelag. They serve the food family style and its all quite delicious.



I don't know what they call this dessert but it is Awesome. The custard is key lime, then with the sweet raspberries and mint leaf it really is to die for!

The Horners laundry line. I just like this photo


Jenna Zander showing us how to ride the single track
D Swanson looking all pro during the Short Track on Saturday
Kyia Anderson showing us how to ride the lake side drops during the skills session
Jon Richards taking a break from hockey to show the citizen racers how its done
Jake Richards on Suicide Hill during Saturdays Time Trial
.
Next Up. This Saturday is the Final Jolly Rogers Downhill Event.
Erica- If you read this and are up for some photo capturing you should join me this Saturday. Memorial Park in Redwing Race begins at 1 P.M. but I plan on being there by noon. Let me know.





2 comments:

Jay Richards said...

Great photos once again Dana. Nice having you for the weekend. The dessert is called Russian Creme. Fantastic lodge shots.

goin-crazy said...

Hey sis. Got your message. Lots going on right now. Sorry I did not get back to you.