Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WORS Firecracker Photos posted

Andy and I spent the weekend in Eau Claire for the WORS Firecracker. Neither of us decided to race but we spent a good part of the day on Saturday riding the course. It is such a fun course. I debated signing up and racing all day on Saturday but was glad I didnt come Sunday. I was pretty shot. The course was such a blast with the punchy climbs and steep drops, boy do I miss riding. This course makes me want to check out more of the Wisconsin races. Dave Meyer mentioned Levis at the last MNSCS race, saying that it was great flowing single track. That may have to be the next MTB trip. Yeah its sad, I know. Andy and I havent really left MN for Mountain biking, we have so many good trails around here we just havent needed to. MN had a good representation in Eau Claire this weekend, mainly LCR, some Peace coffee, Hub, LCS, Penn Cycle and Ben Moore from Velo Rochester and Cal From Wannabee Racing. It was fun to hang out and cheer everyone on like the old days. I brought the camera out for one lap of the kids race and for the elite group of racers, otherwise just hung out and enjoyed the day. For those looking for photos, they are posted HERE. I took photos in the same spot for the 1st and 2nd laps of the elite/comp race due to someone being in my first series of shots. He left, so rather then photoshopping the guy out of every photo, I just hung around and got the shots again. Anywho Good Times, See you on the trail. Here is Mckinley being all cute in his shade umbrella.
It was so hot over the weekend!


LCR - Raymond Nickles

2 comments:

Janet said...

That picture of McKinnley is freaking me out. He looks human.

Dana said...

honey- I dont think that was cat nip you were smoking