Monday, June 9, 2008

This weekend was an exciting but exhausting one. I joined Tony Scudiero as his 2nd shooter for my second wedding on Saturday. The wedding was an outdoor wedding and there was a slight fear that it was going to get rained out. In usual weather forecasters know nothing fashion, the day turned out to be quite sunny and muggy.



We got to the Chaska Convention Center around 9:30 am. We hung out with the girls for the prep shots for most of the morning. I ran off to the guys room for a short time to get some shots of them, They were getting quite the kick out of someone taking photos of them getting dressed. After a pre wedding shot of Hot 100 at the grooms insistence I got the heck out of that room and headed back to the ladies in time to get some shots of the bride getting into her dress.



We then met in the lobby for the bride and grooms first meeting and to do get the formals out of the way. In the two weddings I have shot, the formals always seem to be the most stressful part of the day. The wedding party really doesnt want to sit still or its hard to sit still after rushing all morning to get photos. On top of that, there are like 800 different people combinations that need to be met in order to complete the formals process. Luckily Tony is a pro and the formals went off without a hitch!



The ceremony was quick and beautiful, a few more hours of photographing the details and my 2nd shoot was officially over. Tony, Thank you so much for the guidance and opportunity!! I will post some highlighted shots after the Bride and Grooms photos have been delievered.





Got home, charged up all my gear, re packed it up and hit the hay for the Afton Avalanche the following day.



Afton was a scorcher as usual. The rain forecasted, it didnt show. It was a mild 70 outside but the humidity left it feeling much hotter. I think I climbed the manhandler 6 or 7 times with all my gear, I tried to set my self up somewhere where I could easily run between multiple areas. I found some good locals but they were all similar, being rocky descents. Hey, I actually found the downhills at Afton Alps, who knew there were such things! The trail was very greasy with the morning/overnight rains, I got some nice shots, a couple crashes, and a good work out. I almost have all the photos posted so check back soon.

1 comment:

goin-crazy said...

You are turning into a "real" photographer huh?? I do have a camera question for you...I will hit you up on Saturday.