Tuesday, June 24, 2008


Andy and I had a great weekend at Mont Du Lac. This was our first time camping pre event. It was soooo relaxing to just hang in the tent on Saturday. Andy helped me with my homework and I worked on his legs abit. Mckinley wasnt sure quite what to do. We spent some time BS with other campers but mainly just snacked and relaxed. If you like Sweet and sour, well I guess its actually Hot and sour the way we make you will love this easy, healthy recipe.



You prepare rice and chicken breasts as you would like, then for the sauce use 3 parts salsa to 1 part Apricot Preserves. We use Hot Pace which gives it a nice kick.

For the ease of camping we brought along Pita Pockets. With a little rice, sauce, and chicken in a pita, we had a high protein, healthy, and tasty snack!!!

While Andy pre-rode, Mckinley and I hiked up and down the hillside to get in our own nice work out. The views of Jay Cooke state Park are marvelous!


Camping turned out to have many benefits. We both slept surprisingly well. Cutting out the drive time the morning of the event made the day much more enjoyable. Taking photos seemed to fly by.

Though I didnt hike the trail as much as usual since I got lost last year and wanted to avoid it happening again, the photos went well.
Oh Yeah- Thank you to the Citizen Rider who stopped and provided me with bug spray. You are a life saver!!! and limb saver@!!!
Andy excelled on the course. Not sure if it was the new Small Block 8's, the good rest the day prior, or the addition of rain and mud to the course. Probably alittle bit of everything but definately worth trying again. Nice Job this weekend Andy!!!

1 comment:

scott said...

Did you keep the gear dry? It seemed like it would be bright and sunny one minute and the down pouring the next in Duluth.

I love Jay Cooke, was there earlier this year but only for a few hours. I'd like to get back up there again this year but that'll be doubtful. I think I'll settle for trying to get up and visit my brother and ride the news trails they have built in Duluth.

Look forward to the pics and I still owe you an email. I'll see to that tonight.