Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Its been awhile

I have been feeling all out of sorts lately. Not sure why, I think the thrill of my new school is gone and the pressure and lack of time is starting to get to me. I really want to take the dive head first into photography and quit the job I have but I know that its to soon for that. I just truly enjoy my photography and school takes up so much time, of all the things I have going on the job is the one I want to go. Ugh... But I cant. So here I am forcing myself to work through each day.

I had a soul portrait done this weekend which was an amazing experience. A psychic reading along with the portrait. I will take a photo of the portrait and post it when I have alittle more time. E said that it was more of a Soul Therapy session then a psychic reading, she was totally spot on! I left feeling rejuvinated and confident in the pathes I have chosen, though made me want to do the above even more. It was a very intimate experience, different then I had thought but definately worth it and I will see her again.

I also shot a wedding with Tony a couple weekends ago. I believe the photos are close to being delivered so I will post up a few of my favorites from the event when I can. I learned alot at this wedding, it was my first time shooting in a church. The lighting is lacking in a church and this one had large windows which gave quite the mixture of lights. And no flashes during the ceremony so that was the largest challenge. Then the father did not want the photographers to be more then half way down the aisle so zoom lens to the rescue for all the ceremony shots. It turned out not to be much of a problem though, the church had some nice angled aisle ways to get good shots regardless of distance.

As we were going through the photos Tony was asking me if I ever thought about Childrens photography, apparently I went alittle overboard with the cute little kids. But hey, my shots were great and I just couldnt help myself. There was this cute little flower girl who kept doing a popeye impression and then these adorable twin boys in their little tuxes. You will see when I post my photos : ). But yes, I am working on getting some experience in childrens photography as well, kids are definately a fun thing to photograph! I still need to set up my next shoot with Berit before she out grows the shots I want to do.

Well thats my rant for today, i will post pics soon

3 comments:

Chris Van Ert said...

You can photograph Owen anytime.

justme said...

Yeah, Dana, and Berit will be past that phase before you know it, so don't slack on scheduling the shoot...I only say that because I wanted to do those with L, but I didn't jump right on it, and before I knew it he was beyond that 'sleep all the time, bend me however you want to' phase, LOL!

I am SO glad you enjoyed the Soul Portrait. As I said, my experiences with Lisa have been so amazing, and I wouldn't suggest anyone spend the money if I didn't feel it was worth it, and I get great joy when someone else has a powerful experience with her as well.

I have been reading up on the Cannon Rebel XSi and the available packages, and am getting pretty close to convincing myself to spend the money ;0) I really REALLY want to be able to tag along with you next summer, and am flattered that the bikers liked my photos enough that they thought I could shoot the race by myself next summer :0) I am very interested in that as well. So, it's just a matter of convincing myself to just do it!

pineislandmn said...

You can photograph and of your nieces and nephews anytime. By the way did you ever get to post the pictures you took at T and m party.