Monday, July 23, 2007

OWIE








Well here I am, a few weeks since my last post and I am all excited for the Memorial Park race this weekend. It has been 4 weeks since I last raced and I cant wait! Oh Wait, I went riding some this last week and the trails were not very nice. Crash #1 at Thursdays Womens Ride involved a slam of my ars into a nice pointy rock. Leaving a very nice softball sized bruise to remember it by. Crash #2 at Mammoth (The feared trail of the twin cities) involved me forgetting to clip out of my pedal and slowing tipping over and over into a dry, rocky creek bed. Not to cool, I almost got pierced by a branch. My hand hurts and my (r) knee was hurt. Crash #3 small jumps over and over and over again, ah where did that log come from. OH SHIT i think thats me upside down flying through the air, what is that?, oh its my bike now in the air, SHITTTT! OUCH, okay this one hurt the worst!
It felt okay after the ride but when it came time to drive home the action of pushing in my clutch at every flipping light on the way home aggravated the injury to the point of having me in tears. I was seriously thinking about hitting up the ER lastnight but opted for calling the BCBS Nurse Line. They are always so helpful. Since I started this Mountain Biking Sport, myself and the nurses at the hotline have become very good friends!
So I decided to play hookie from work today because I couldnt walk last night, and this morning I was looking quite gimpy. I got in my car, pushed in the clutch and ohhh the pain, its baccccckkkkk! So needless to say I stayed home and have been keeping my leg up. Hoping and Praying that it will be better.
This week I have scheduled to take a group of new mountain bikers to the MN River bottoms for a meet and greet ride, Thursday was a group ride with the ladies where we are planning a happy mooning event. HEHEHE! and Friday was a day I was taking a future racing chick out to Memorial trail for a preride and Sunday is the well awaited race. So needless to say, a very busy week where I am in much need of a working knee and I again hope and pray that i will be able to take part in all this good stuff.

No comments: