Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dustin and Cheri - Engaged

My friend Dustin asked if I was available to photograph his engagement. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to be there for the actual engagement. I love engagement sessions. They are fun and laid back and present the opportunity for my clients and myself to get to know each other, preferred angles, photography sytles etc. This was my first time getting to capture the actual event and i was excited, nervous, anxious I almost felt like I was being proposed to! I think having a photographer there really added to an already special moment, so guys if your thinking about proposing....

Dustin and I met up a week or too before the proposal and scouted the location, in this case Minnehaha Falls. We planned where and how he would do it and were I could be positioned, paparazzi style to capture the moment without a dead give away.

When the day finally came, it was a balmy 12 degrees or so. I got there early, then started panicing, what if they pull up at the same time I do, so I got my gear ready, did a couple gazes up and down the road to watch for any cars then darted to the steps at the far side of the falls. The funny thing was, in my panic I totally forgot to pay the meter. Whoops!

So as Dustin and Cheri pull up, they see a cop car lingering. They head over to the falls and Dustin has a hard time getting Cheri to climb over the "Closed" Sign on the steps of the falls to get down to our location. Shes worried about the cops and getting in trouble....



Well, needless to say, she goes along with his plan. Was extremely surprised! And she said Yes!

After she clamed down a bit, I popped up from my spot and was able to be the first to congratulate them! Then we walked around the falls and captured a few images before seperating for the day so they could share the great news with their families.

Well, yep that cop she seen was giving me a parking ticket, LOL! But it was totally worth it and Im glad Cheri's a rebel and didnt let that cop scare her away from her perfect moment!

Congratulations Cheri and Dustin!! and thank you for allowing me capturing this amazing peice of your journey together!

No comments: