Sunday, June 22, 2014

Wedding Planning and Photography

Hello Blog-o-sphere!  Its been such a long time since I have blogged. I like to think that I will get better at this again but I guess we will just have to wait and see.  I have to find that happy medium because I felt my blogging was getting too boring and monotonous.  Hey here is my latest wedding photos, blah.... blah... blah.  Not that I do not love them and love to show them off!  I think most of us photographers have that emotional connection to our work that makes us beam with pride when others see or appreciate what we saw and felt when taking our favorite photos.

So I changed my tag line because while I am still a Twin Cities Photographer I am also a South Dakota photographer.  Much of my work came from the Sioux Falls area and so it made sense to start doing some advertising in the SD region and what was unexpected was a move to the region for both Andy and I.   We now reside in the Black Hills of SD and it has been quite the amazing experience and transition.  I miss my wedding clients and it was a very hard decision to slow my business down in MN but ultimately Andy and I were ready for a change and we went with it. I am still pursing my career as a wedding photographer for those looking to hire me but I just take fewer weddings at this point in time.

I recently photographed a Run or Dye event and it made me miss adventure photography.  All those MNMBS, Buck Hill, and Jolly Roger races along with all the friends we met along the way.  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the 2014 race season.

This summer is a fun one for me and I hope to continue to do some blogging and get back to sharing at least some of my photos again. I have been spending lots of time in Custer State Park capturing the animals and scenery.  Along with my weddings and photography sessions I also have some trips planned.  I get to take another trip to Yellowstone National Park and for the first time see the Geysers, (Totally stoked for this!)  Andy and I will be heading to the Red Rock Amphitheater in CO and plan to make a trip of it. Possible hit up the four corners and some sites in Utah and New Mexico. So excited for some fun adventures ahead!

And then the question I get at least weekly, when are Andy and I going to get married?  Well who knows! That's my answer and I'm sticking to it! I have to give so much credit to all my brides, planning this event is just a crazy adventure in and of itself.  With so much experience with weddings it should be easy to do but I just find it daunting and so hard to make decisions.   So..... I will just postpone it until something feels right!

Next up for me a beautiful wedding this weekend in good old MN. Fingers crossed for amazing weather and I know no matter what the day is going to be so awesome with the couple I am lucky enough to share the day with!  

Till next time,

Dana

No comments: