Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jail Trail

The MNSCS racing season has come to a close. It is a bitter sweet time.
I am tired, so it will be nice to have some relaxing time as well as some free weekends. It didnt really dawn on me until after the race, that all the great people we have gotten to know this year we probably wont see until the beginning of the race season next year.

So, After the race we spent some time getting everyones numbers and making plans for the off season. A large group of us also hit up Bravo Burritos in St. Cloud for a final farewell.

The race went well. It was a short one, only 1.5 laps. I had a good start around the parking lot and than in the double track I was passed up by Beth Shedd. She is an excellent rider and I have alot to learn from her.

I kept my position in 2nd throughout the race, each stroke of my pedal I felt stronger and the race was going great. I made a wrong turn about half way through the lap and found another women on my tail.

That kept me pushin hard for the remainder of our race. I am technically challenged and it really helps to have someone on my tail. Its amazing how fast you can make it through rock gardens and sharp corners if you have a placing to hold unto.

When Im by myself in the woods, I tend to loose track of my speed and usually get caught by someone. Its like I transition from race mode into lullygagg mode. Something to work on next year.

I think the biggest thing I have learned from this race season is that I can always push it harder. I was so worried about kicking it out to hard in the beginning of the race and not being able to finish it, That I took it easy at the starts and than tried to peg people off one by one. Well that definately isn't going to get you in the top place.

Even though the Citizen Catagory is seriously lacking in female competition. I have decided to give it one more year. I will train through this winter and see how I pan out at the first race and possibly look into the sport class.

Where I stand right now is a lack of endurance and the neccesary technical abilities for the obstacles in the MNSeries Sport courses.

I have prerode the sport courses so I have a good idea of what I need to work on. I have also been hitting as many trails as possible and have seen great improvement in my handling. My hope is that some winter riding will bring great strides for next year. Who knows maybe even an Ice Race or two.

Now that the MNSCS has ended I am focusing on my final weeks available for training for the Osceola Duathalon. It's taking place Oct 14th if anyone would like to come cheer me on. Its my first ever and my goal is to just finish in one peice!

Ill get some pictures up soon. See ya

No comments: