Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hello

So no racing for me this past weekend. I decided to take a week off because I was having a not so good feeling about the Powder Monkey race, and my knee was still in pain from the climbing at Welch so avoiding additional large hills was a plus.

Ive been doing some road riding for a change, It was a pleasant break from trail riding. Plus YAY! My riding buddy with the broken scaphoid is finally back in the saddle! Andy and I were out to dinner with my ridin buddy and her hubby. They were saying that they were kinda happy to have the racing season coming to a close, when WAAHBAM! I realized, jeez I really am also. Racing is a great thing and so much fun but it definately wears one down. Plus you have something going on every single weekend. No time to just sit at home and relax or hang with long lost friends. I have many people that I owe some visits too!

So I am realizing that my recent crashes are because I have not done this amount of physical activity in one year since before I could drive. My mind and body are ready for a month off and a nice refreshing start.

Two of the best races are yet to come, the Laddies Loppet and the Jail Trail. I have been taking it easy and doing some trail walking/running in order to keep in shape but give myself a bit of a break. If the next two races pan out well for me than I have a shot at the overall 1st place spot for my age group for the whole year. SWWEEEETTTTT!

Now I have to make the big decision. Do I train over the winter and race citizen again next year so I can continue taking photos of the races, or Do I train over the winter for the sport class, double my race time and the technical abilities needed to race? It seems logical that I move up to the next class if I pull an overall 1st for the series but thats a big jump, kinda nerve racking!!

Speaking of great photos. My Mother won a photo contest, she actually won two catagories: Peoples Choice and Nature. She was supposed to send me the pic but she has forgotten numerous times, so if your lucky, she will remember and I will come back and post up the photo.

You Know, I am going to look at the Dirt Rag mag and see if they have any info regarding sending in action shots, maybe I could get some photos published. Check ya later!

No comments: